High-quality optical character recognition
Nicomsoft OCR SDK is an OCR library that allows developers to easily embed high-quality optical character recognition functionality in their products. The recognition quality delivered by Nicomsoft OCR is on a par with the premium OCR packages available on the market, and we also offer a royalty-free licensing policy. As a result, our customers can enjoy the lowest total cost of ownership of a quality OCR system, which enables them to create more-competitive software products.
- Is based on a unique character analysis technology that can accurately recognize any fonts even in poor-quality images.
- Uses advanced algorithms for analyzing poor-quality images, which may contain distorted, connected, and broken characters.
- Uses dictionaries for the best recognition.
- Supports 26 languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Can scan documents from TWAIN-compatible devices.
- Supports bar codes: EAN-13/UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, and QR Code.
- Supports multi-core CPUs to speed up recognition even of single text fragments through efficient parallel processing.
- Supports many image formats, including such popular ones as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and GIF.
- Can save recognized documents as PDF, PDF/A, RTF, XML, or TXT files, and also as memory streams.
- Has an intuitive OCR API and includes sample projects with complete source code for various programming languages.
- Is a cross-platform solution: supports the Windows and Linux platforms.